Introducing Mr. Kindergarten !!!!
at his new big boy desk in the school room
( I think all kindergarteners should be able to wear their jammies if they want to:)
AND…… HE CAN READ !!!
{ Love the name of the book ! }
Here is what his typical kindergarten day will look like !
We have our calendar time with Miss Gr 1 and the Tots to sing …..seasonal songs, days of the week, months, colors, family names..then we do calendar time, memory verses, and choose what we are most thankful for ~to put on our THANKFUL tree !
We do our best to get out all the wigglies from our three little jigglies
Then the tots leave to play with Big Sis seeing as she knows all this and it is yawn- yawn “boring” ! :)
Mr. Gr 4 and Miss. Gr 1 and Mr. Kindergarten do Geography!
The “bigs” have been doing our Canada study since September and have the map its capitals bodies of water poles ..ect…ect all memorized so now we get to start our “Expedition Earth” !
It is a PERFECT Time for Mr. Kindergarten to join in !
We did Canada and America today this c.d has songs for all over the world of children singing in their Native Languages.
Then we look on our globe lamp!
We found North America and the Oceans today!
Then we take animals from that Country and we put them on our animal categorization wall.
Then he does his own calendar wall
Here is what’s in the box today .. his newly stocked Kindergarten work boxes that is.
#1.Practicing to write his name alphabet sheets from his preschool curricula (fine motor skills are still coming along:)
#2. Number sequencing and recognition to 100.
#3. Opposites
#4. Math sticker books –are so fun!
#5. Cut and glue work book for fine motor skills
Happily chatting away as he glued …talking about the roller coaster in his picture …” te he”
#6. More fine motor skills with sequencing & grouping
#7. We are using his Leap Frog Word Wammer to learn about word families- for now. We learn the word family do with whatever the book of the day is ie : -an for the ” I can” book.
#8. Easy Puzzles with pictures for three letter words
#9. Phonics blend flashcards and early reader books
He actually gets them all done too !….just singing away..”sugar is sweet and so are you”
I love this picture ..
I think I am going to start wordless Wednesday Blog posts
( if I can remember it is Wednesday )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~ Today I am thankful for the awesome opportunity to teach MY kindergartener ~
…….and for his little dangling feet xo
No comments:
Post a Comment